9xr LCD module pixel line failure after less than 3 weeks!

Ask for support here, and get answer by the community !

9xr LCD module pixel line failure after less than 3 weeks!

Postby weeliano » 18 Feb 2013, 11:09

I have received my 9xr 3 weeks ago and was very pleased with it until yesterday when I turned it on and a center line of pixels on the LCD module is dead! I did a search on Youtube and found out that I'm not the only one having the same issue. This is very disappointing to say the least.

My problem is very similar to the 1st video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43xdgx0nRQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_yQLu10abc

May I know where I can get replacement module for the 9xr? Will Hextronic/HobbyKing supply replacement components if they fail?
weeliano

Re: 9xr LCD module pixel line failure after less than 3 week

Postby madaxeslasher » 05 Mar 2013, 02:07

I know how you feel. Mine has two lines in it and its been that way since first power up. one horizontal about 1/4 from the top and the other vertical smack dab in the middle of the screen.
But bigger issue has arose,, my 9xr will periodically reboot with out cause or notification. Love my 9xr very much but beginning to worry about it especially since better weather is around the corner and ill be flying much more.
madaxeslasher

Postby Musky78 » 21 Aug 2013, 02:05

Yeah, mine has no also been plagued with a dead row of pixels right across the middle of the screen.
Musky78

Postby ShowMaster » 27 Aug 2013, 13:31

madaxeslasher wrote:I know how you feel. Mine has two lines in it and its been that way since first power up. one horizontal about 1/4 from the top and the other vertical smack dab in the middle of the screen.
But bigger issue has arose,, my 9xr will periodically reboot with out cause or notification. Love my 9xr very much but beginning to worry about it especially since better weather is around the corner and ill be flying much more.

Try hitting the center of the left + button arrangement. If pushing down on the center causes a reboot there is a er9x FW you can load that may fix it.
I'm not using the stock board buttons so I can't try this test. I remember that being a posable cause for a reboot. If it just happens without pudding anything then this is not it.
Have you done any mods to your board or is it still stock? What's your battery type? Do you plug it's balance cable into the tx or do you use an adapter of any kind?
A reboot could be power connection related.
ShowMaster

Postby bennermax » 23 Oct 2013, 07:28

the sun trick worked for me but only till it cooled down a halogen lamp worked as well you can get new displays from r2hobbies $15 us including post if that`s the only problem i`ll update when I fit mine.
bennermax

Return to Community Help & Support