9XR transmitter module Pinout

433 Mhz/1.2Ghz/2.4 Ghz/5.8 Ghz Modules, JR / Futaba, Telemetry . OrangeRX, FrSky, Spectrum, Assan, ......

Compatibility, setup, features, all the questions about that, ask here !

9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby doylelawson » 04 Jan 2013, 16:31

Anyone have the pinout for 9XR transmitter module Is it compatible with the flysky fs-tm002 module
doylelawson
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Jan 2013, 16:04

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 04 Jan 2013, 21:00

Pinout format for RF modules as FlySky FS-TM002, Frsky JR version, Orange JR version etc. is the same. Pinout format of 9XR pins for RF modules also should be the same.

The problem may be a insufficient contact with some pins.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby kaivalagi » 05 Jan 2013, 01:23

As said, all the same, JR spec.

Probably a better diagram somewhere but this was linked to from the HK FrSky RF module files tab:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 412X18.jpg
kaivalagi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 02:31

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 05 Jan 2013, 01:41

The problem for doylelawson who started this topic is already solved (this link). It was insufficient contact in the 9XR slot at some pins on the module FlySky FS-TM002 and use a Dremel tool it was solve.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby kaivalagi » 05 Jan 2013, 02:28

JiriValerian wrote:The problem for doylelawson who started this topic is already solved (this link). It was insufficient contact in the 9XR slot at some pins on the module FlySky FS-TM002 and use a Dremel tool it was solve.


Gotcha, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with other modules, I have ordered the FrSky module along with a 9XR, fingers crossed it's not a bother...
kaivalagi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 02:31

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 00:53

kaivalagi wrote:
JiriValerian wrote:The problem for doylelawson who started this topic is already solved (this link). It was insufficient contact in the 9XR slot at some pins on the module FlySky FS-TM002 and use a Dremel tool it was solve.


Gotcha, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with other modules, I have ordered the FrSky module along with a 9XR, fingers crossed it's not a bother...

For example the FrSky module DJT have a similar problem with the T9X. Thus maybe a similar problem also will be with T9XR.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby kaivalagi » 06 Jan 2013, 02:14

JiriValerian wrote:
kaivalagi wrote:
JiriValerian wrote:The problem for doylelawson who started this topic is already solved (this link). It was insufficient contact in the 9XR slot at some pins on the module FlySky FS-TM002 and use a Dremel tool it was solve.


Gotcha, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with other modules, I have ordered the FrSky module along with a 9XR, fingers crossed it's not a bother...

For example the FrSky module DJT have a similar problem with the T9X. Thus maybe a similar problem also will be with T9XR.


Not a problem in the unboxing vid linked in this thread: unboxing-video-t336.html

Fingers crossed it isn't an issue...
kaivalagi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 02:31

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby Wimh » 06 Jan 2013, 02:54

AFAIK only the older FrSky modules had that problem, the newer ones should be OK without mods
Wimh
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 04:56

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 05:07

kaivalagi wrote:Not a problem in the unboxing vid linked in this thread: unboxing-video-t336.html
Fingers crossed it isn't an issue...

This video no show any test functional the module as a binding with receiver and so on. Some pieces may have poor contact on some pin.
Last edited by JiriValerian on 06 Jan 2013, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 05:16

Wimh wrote:AFAIK only the older FrSky modules had that problem, the newer ones should be OK without mods

The T9x without module + the FrSky DJT module all this was purchased as new in December 2012, and also the problem with poor contact with pins on this module (this link).
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby kaivalagi » 06 Jan 2013, 05:27

JiriValerian wrote:
kaivalagi wrote:Not a problem in the unboxing vid linked in this thread: unboxing-video-t336.html
Fingers crossed it isn't an issue...

This video show only insert modul. Not any test functional the module as a binding with receiver and so on. Some pieces may have poor contact on some pin.

I'll continue to believe it will work until it is proven it doesn't, I've ordered the module so want it to work :)

Not knowing the 9x/9xr radio yet I wouldn't know if just turning on the transmitter would be enough to know if all module pins have good contact or not, but I did notice a signal icon on the display indicating something I would hope relates to the module working?
e.g.
Image
Anyway, this is all conjecture until we see someone using the module int he 9XR, I've asked the youtube poster about it also...

edit: confirmation from the video poster "dinislam101": "Yes as you can see in the video it fitted very well. Can also confirm everything is working fine."
kaivalagi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 02:31

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 05:39

kaivalagi wrote:Not knowing the 9x/9xr radio yet I wouldn't know if just turning on the transmitter would be enough to know if all module pins have good contact or not, but I did notice a signal icon on the display indicating something I would hope relates to the module working?
e.g.

:lol: No. Display not indicating that the module working. For integration of FrSky telemetry to 9XR for showing signal on his display definitely not enough only insert the module.

kaivalagi wrote:confirmation from the video poster "dinislam101": "Yes as you can see in the video it fitted very well. Can also confirm everything is working fine."

One functional a piece without this problem, but does not mean that all another pieces the same.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby rob.thomson » 06 Jan 2013, 06:34

That is not a signal output.

It is simply showing you the position of your pots.

Check the manual and it will make sense!

http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide
User avatar
rob.thomson
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:43

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 06:42

rob.thomson wrote:That is not a signal output.
It is simply showing you the position of your pots.
Check the manual and it will make sense!
http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide

Yes you are right. This does not indicate that the module is working.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby kaivalagi » 06 Jan 2013, 06:52

JiriValerian wrote::lol: No. Display not indicating that the module working. For integration of FrSky telemetry to 9XR for showing signal on his display definitely not enough only insert the module.

Fair enough, looked like the right thing :lol: Like I said I haven't see the transmitters to know, so purely a guess, and a wrong one :) This is all besides the point though...

JiriValerian wrote:One functional a piece without this problem, but does not mean that all another pieces the same.

You can argue it either way...1 functional FrSky module out of 1 so far, not bad :) Unless you are seeing reports of others not fitting a 9XR properly?

rob.thomson wrote:That is not a signal output.

It is simply showing you the position of your pots.

Check the manual and it will make sense!

http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide


Thanks I'll take a quick look

JiriValerian wrote:
rob.thomson wrote:That is not a signal output.
...

Yes you are right. This does not indicate that the module is working.


So if the module is mis-fitted in the transmitter there would be no tell tale signs without trying to use it? What happens with a 9X with er9x? Nothing?
kaivalagi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 02:31

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 07:01

kaivalagi wrote:So if the module is mis-fitted in the transmitter there would be no tell tale signs without trying to use it? What happens with a 9X with er9x? Nothing?

Without a module inserted would be on display 9XR show the same.

Without a special modification hardware of 9X and 9XR to integration telemetry for telemetry modules any modules are generally separate device without feedback control whose functionality is a need to test with a receiver because with the 9X and 9XR not any indicate on display of 9X or 9XR that modules working.

Even after a special modification hardware of 9X and 9XR to integration telemetry for telemetry modules and if show a signal on display of the 9X or 9XR it does not mean that module correctly working. The best test of functionality of the module is a test with a receiver.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby jhsa » 06 Jan 2013, 08:12

frsky DJT module..
Turn radio on.
Turn radio around.
LED flashing very fast means module is working. :mrgreen:
Addicional confirmation if you have telemetry.
With radio on turn receiver on.
It should display the receiver voltage on the radio's screen.. eeerrrrrrr, trash what I just said. :( Forgot for a moment that the 9XR can't have on screen telemetry because HK didn't do a very simple mod that would allow you to have on screen telemetry.. :roll:
jhsa
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 00:04

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby JiriValerian » 06 Jan 2013, 09:25

jhsa wrote:Turn radio on.
Turn radio around.
LED flashing very fast means module is working. :mrgreen:

That does not mean that it works correctly.
The best test of functionality of the module is a test with a receiver.
JiriValerian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 18:53

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby jhsa » 06 Jan 2013, 10:46

Now seriously, I do agree. And to make a even better test do a range check while you're at it.
For frsky, with the radio on, press the bind button for about 4 seconds, the Led will start flashing green If I well remember, (this is for the DJT module). Place model at about 1 meter from the ground and walk away with the TX.
it will start beeping faster and faster as you walk away, For a good range test frsky say that if you still have control after 30 meters, you're good to go, I decided that my minimum would be 50 meters with antenna pointing directly at the model. My radios both check between 80 and 100 meters in range check mode and that is very good I think.
To exit range check mode press the bind button, and make sure that the LED went back to flash RED, or turn your tx off and on again.
I hope it helps

This is only for the frsky DJT module.. the DHT is similar as the colours of the LEDs could be different.
jhsa
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 00:04

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby flightinstructor » 19 Jan 2013, 04:30

Is it right, that there are the full 11,4V Lipo voltage at the module pinouts?
I tried an old 35MHz module out of my Graupner MC-20, but does´nt work, the module is ok, original JR-Graupner and is now working again in my MC-20. I do not have my Futaba FASST module yet, but i´m afraid that something is wrong. From the feeling I expected a 5V Pinout for the Module. So before I connect an other module, I would like to know wheather it is ok, that at the module pinout is the full LiPo voltage.

Thank for help, and excuse my very bad english.
flightinstructor
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 04:19

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby mpjf01 » 19 Jan 2013, 06:29

The voltage at the module at the module pins is full battery voltage, 9.9v in my radio (LIFE battery) and the same as is shown on the screen of the radio.
User avatar
mpjf01
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 12:22

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby ShowMaster » 19 Jan 2013, 07:03

8 Frsky DJT modules, 6 in 9x, 2 in JR TXs, no pin contact failures in 2 years?
I just turn on and fly.
BTW
Frsky DJT pin assignments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358550019.134781.jpg


JR pin assignments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358550115.179633.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358550115.179633.jpg (8.93 KiB) Viewed 8283 times

SM
User avatar
ShowMaster
 
Posts: 192
Joined: 25 Dec 2012, 16:10

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby Mid7night » 13 Nov 2013, 02:26

I've been having a problem with my new FrSky XJT module not working in my 9XR. It powers on, so I can bind a receiver to it, but the commands don't get through to the receiver. Is there a way to tell if one of the pins isn't connecting enough? How to know which one? Any similar mods to fix this?
Mid7night
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 13:10

Re: 9XR transmitter module Pinout

Postby ShowMaster » 14 Nov 2013, 23:50

To be honest, another test module.
Try a free PC oscilloscope program and with the module back off probe pin 1 with the module plugged in.
Find a friend or local RC flyer that had the knowledge or equipment.
Clubs have the advantage of a lot of members, some with good knowledge.
I repair it a lot of RC gear for 2 clubs I'm a member of.
User avatar
ShowMaster
 
Posts: 192
Joined: 25 Dec 2012, 16:10


Return to TX Modules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests