Frsky telemetry

You are addict of Hardware / Electronics / Tuning modifications on your 9XR, this place is for you !

Frsky telemetry

Postby JaredReabow » 23 Jan 2013, 09:00

I read on Rcgroups that it is possible to get onscreen telemetry with no hardware mods from the dji frsky module.
There is No way i will risk soldering to little contacts so i would like to see if anyone has made progress.

I heard some people talk about using the trainer port as data imput into the controller via the data output pins on the back of the TX module
I would really appreciate someone butting in with help here as i bought the damn frsky setup and find not that it involves steps i would rather not take.
JaredReabow

Re: Frsky telemetry

Postby rob.thomson » 23 Jan 2013, 16:44

You will have no choice but to solder at present.

The smack has a range of products for the standard 9x that give you solder less telemetry. (telemetryEZ)

Check the wiki on 9xforums.com/wiki

This has details on it.

The 9xr will probably get a version in the near future.

Rob
rob.thomson

Postby greywolf123 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:36

YOUR ONLY OPTION FOR TELEMETRY DISPLAY IS THE FLD-02. A SEPARATE MONITOR. IT PLUGS INTO THE BACK OF THE DJT MODULE AND THEN SOMEHOW MOUNT IT ON THE HANDLE OF THE 9XR.
greywolf123

Postby Quad450 » 17 Jan 2014, 04:09

Hello

Iam restarting flying now after 10 years and I have also ordered a 9XR

+ Frsky 2.4GHz DJT
+ Frsky D8R-XP

as I like to have for the future telemetric data. Soldering should not be a issue but I like the ext. display & it should be possible also to run other modules like Orange...

So just programming the firmware of e.g. ER9X is enough fine to run the FrSky module for normal functions beside telemetric I assume or? Using the external display than provides all Telemetric data (directly taken from the module) or must something be programmed in 9XR?

-> Does that have a disadvantage beside that the display is fragile?
-> So in that case I assume I can also still use other modules like the OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz, to run small quads like Blade nano QX for training?
Quad450

Postby prizreni » 02 Jul 2014, 15:15

Hi Quad450

Maybe a bit late for a reply, propably you have set everything up but anyway I will answer. If you choose to use the external display, than you can use either stock 9XR firmware with DJT that comes preinstalled on the radio or flash one of the custom er9x or opentx firmwares, it's up to you. You don't need soldering, but only setting the alarms on the external frsky display which is easy, you have tutorials on youtube how to do that and you are good to go. On the other hand, if you choose to do the hardware mod inside the 9XR, in order to get telemetry data on the screen of 9XR, you need to solder wires and resistors, and only then you will have to install er9x or opentx firmware on your radio, to get the modified switches and telemetry to work.

Prizreni
prizreni

Postby udaya » 09 Jul 2014, 20:40

dear sir
i was modify my tx & flash on ER9X software
all voltage are showing in display but low voltage beeper is not working in module
plz help me resolve this matter
udaya

Turnigy 9XR + Frsky telemetry being able to set the alarms t

Postby prizreni » 16 Jul 2014, 23:14

Hi udaya

For you and for everybody interested in modifying 9XR and FrSky DJT and be able to set the alarms, here is the way to do it. I have done this mod and it works perfectly, all the alarms work. Happy flying :)
There are also more other mods you may find helpful.

http://rcflight.tk

Prizreni

PS: Make sure you cut the traces correctly (use a multimeter to check), in most cases telemetry won't work correctly because of the traces not cut entirely and there is still a connection between the pin and ground.
prizreni

Return to 9XR Mods