Is my gimbal installed upside down?

Ask for support here, and get answer by the community !

Is my gimbal installed upside down?

Postby sazunike » 26 Sep 2013, 06:54

I'm using my 9XR for the first time and I have some trouble with the throttle. I'm binding a Champ to it and everything works fine except for the throttle.
What's kinda odd is that in the little graph that shows the stick position, the vertical movement on the left stick is inverted, when I push the stick the position on the graph moves down, this happens even if I reverse the channel.
Is this some programming issue or did I receive a 9XR whith a gimbal installed upside down?
This maybe a very dumb question, but i thought it was worth asking in case it has an easy answer.

Thanks
sazunike

Re: Is my gimbal installed upside down?

Postby ShowMaster » 29 Sep 2013, 00:32

I believe there is a throttle reverse option on the first page of the radio menu that you can set to normal or throttle reverse.
This is independent of the model mix memories.
Maybe check that.
I don't think the stick wires are long enough to allow the stick to be mounted wrong.
ShowMaster

Re: Is my gimbal installed upside down?

Postby Dvogonen » 29 Sep 2013, 21:30

ShowMaster wrote:I believe there is a throttle reverse option on the first page of the radio menu that you can set to normal or throttle reverse.
This is independent of the model mix memories.
Maybe check that.
I don't think the stick wires are long enough to allow the stick to be mounted wrong.

That is a correct statement. It is physically impossible to mount the sticks in the wrong direction due to the length of the wires. What they might have done is soldered the wires in the wrong order to the potentiometer. But the throttle reverse option ShowMaster mentioned should fix that.
Dvogonen

Return to Community Help & Support