Turnigy 9xr and WLV911

Ask for support here, and get answer by the community !

Turnigy 9xr and WLV911

Postby Carlosworkman » 20 Feb 2013, 06:28

Hi all,
I am a long time lurker here on the forum and in some desperate need of help. I have several of the V911s and recently purchased a Turnigy 9xr. I bought the Fly Sky FS-TH9X-B-Module FS-TM002. The TX is somewhat intimidating being my first real radio purchase. I have set up the V911 using the Heli template and the simple 6ch one and have set the following channels: Ch. 1-4 making elevator on channel1, aileron on channel 2, throttle on channel 3 and rudder on channel 4. I have not changed any other settings...I try to bind to the heli by pushing the button the module during power up then insert battery in heli and nothing. I know there is a ton of info on the Turnigy 9x but I have not been able to find a page devoted to the v911 with the 9xr. Another interesting thing is on the back of my module it lists it as FS-RM002...is this a different model than what I ordered or an earlier version? Sorry for all of the noob questions but I am really frustrated. If any of you have any advice or where to look, please let me know and thanks in advance for your help.
Carlosworkman

Re: Sv: Turnigy 9xr and WLV911

Postby Dvogonen » 20 Feb 2013, 14:30

The most important thing is to get the v911 to bind to the radio. This is how it should work:

Press and hold the bind button on the module.
Turn on the radio
Release the bind button - The module is now in bind mode.
Insert the battery in the helicopter
A red LED starts flashing on the heli PCB.
After a while the flashing stops and then the LED lights up (no more flashing) - Link established.
If this fails - Try the other way around. First battery in the heli, then turn on the radio with the bind button held in. You must get the LED on the helicopter to go solid.
Turn the radio off
The helicopter LED goes out - Link lost.
Turn the radio on. It is no longer in bind mode.
The LED in the helicopter should turn back on. This means that the radio now controls the helicopter.
Dvogonen

Re: Turnigy 9xr and WLV911

Postby Carlosworkman » 20 Feb 2013, 22:26

Thanks so much for your help. I have tried this every way...battery in heli, bind button and turn on TX and vice versa. The light never goes solid on the heli...it just goes to a slow blink. The module is very tight for some reason and I am starting to think that maybe it is not making good contact with the pins of the TX. I think I will send the module back and try another and/or send the TX back and start all over with both. Very frustrating...
Carlosworkman

Re: Sv: Turnigy 9xr and WLV911

Postby Dvogonen » 20 Feb 2013, 23:14

It sounds like the module never goes into bind mode. It may even be without power altogether. It is unfortunate that there is no led on the FlySky module to signal that it has power and is in bind mode.
A last thing to check before you give up is that the pins in the radio module bay line up and fit nicely in the contact of the module. I have read that several 9xr owners have had problems with pins not making good contact with the modules because the pins are not aligned with the module contact.
Dvogonen

Postby mnementh » 24 Feb 2013, 05:10

Carlos-

I fly my V911s with my 9x; the module is the same.

A word of warning: The V911 will start to spin up at approx 10% throttle EVEN WITH THE THROTTLE STICK AT ZERO with the defaults on the 9X; make SURE you set either approx -70 Subtrim on your THROTTLE or set THROTTLE TRIM All the way DOWN before Binding.

Binding:

Press and hold Bind button on the TX while turning on power. Count to 3, release bind button.

Plug battery into V911. Wait for it to cycle through fast flash, then slow, steady blink.

Make sure throttle is at 0% for safety ;) then turn TX OFF, wait 1 sec, then turn TX back on.

V911 indicator light will go out for a second or 2, then come back on solid. At the same time, you'll usually hear the servos move as they zero out.

Try your cyclic; servos should move. Now, you're bound! Good deal!

Programming:

NOTE: This is my configuration for the stock 9X; I've read the manual for the 9XR, and a LOT is different. I believe Acro mode will work the same, but make sure your Channel Order is set to AETR.

V911 does all mixing on the heli mainboard; it needs to be programmed in HELI1 (Heli Symbol, NO MIXING) or ACRO (Airplane) mode. (Remember, 9X Config. I don't know what 9XR will be.)

I've found that I need to set my THROTTLE subtrims to about 50-90 clicks negative; this is roughly equivalent to setting the trim all the way down. Otherwise, the heli starts to spin the main blades slowly as soon as it initializes.

Elevator needs to be REVERSE; all other channels need to be NORMAL.

I recommend trimming out your AILERON and ELEVATOR servos by turning the rod ends at the swash; this will allow you to fly multiple V911s using the same profile and just make minor trim adjustments, rather than separate profile for each V911.

For Xieda 9958/9928/9938, I copied this profile only with NO SUBTRIMS, AILERON REVERSED, all other channels NORMAL.

Again; this is how I have things on my stock 9X. You'll have to figure out what is the same config on the 9XR, or wait for someone who has the 9XR to chime in.

Good luck!

mnem
*The ToyMaster*
mnementh

Postby cr4wler » 13 Mar 2013, 16:03

Fly Sky FS-TH9X-B-module does not fit well on 9XR...

to make sure you have contact! remove the case and barely connect it to 9xr...

module.png

and move the pin a bit inward

pin.png
pin.png (217.23 KiB) Viewed 5861 times

and redo the bind process...
cr4wler

Postby cr4wler » 13 Mar 2013, 20:36

my simple 9xr settings for V911

Make sure you are in mode 2
RUD THR ELE AIL

You can use Templates:
Simple 6-CH

MIXER
CH1 60% AIL
CH2 60% ELE
CH3 100% THR
CH4 100% RUD

REVERSE
CH1 NOR
CH2 REV
CH3 NOR
CH4 NOR

Other settings leave deafult if you want..
cr4wler

Postby m_zet » 11 May 2013, 04:38

Hello.
I got 9XR app and v911 heli.
I can not set thottle to work on this app.
Anyone could send the conf file?

Best regards,
MZ
m_zet

Postby m_zet » 12 May 2013, 21:12

Ok. All working now.
I just add new model and than changed the values for Mixer and Reverse - Limits in my case.
V911 with 9XR working like a charm - thank you cr4wler.
Best regards!!
m_zet

Postby ??? » 25 May 2013, 09:56

thank you so much. best thread I've found on binding to the v911. I tried every way but the right way.

as for if the pins line up, I had remembered reading they didn't before I ordered the module. so I took out the 2 screws that hold the module case together and plugged the board straight in to the Tx. that way I knew it at least had power for the bind.

since then I have put it back together and didn't touch the pins and all works.

off to fly/crash into things

definitely follow the channel order above. 3 is throttle not 1 lol.
???

Postby solentlife » 07 Jun 2014, 15:13

Strange ... both my 9x and 9xr bind to my 911 without need of the BInd button.

The standard 911 Tx basically binds each time you power up model ... and the same happens with my 9x / 9xr's ...

I just do same as OEM W Tx ... power up model ... switch on my 9x or 9xr with FlySky module in ... 911 lights do their flashes and then bingo - steady.

As to programming ? A standard fixed wing model set-up works ... no need for anything else. Ail - Ele - Throt - Rud ... and that's it. Additions such as D/R and Expo as you like.

Nigel
solentlife

Postby oldcelt » 10 Jun 2014, 21:09

Anybody have any additional advice for V912 binding and program?
oldcelt

Postby Devilyano » 23 Jun 2014, 10:07

Hi, I am trying to bind my 9XR with the FRSKY module to my V911. I have tried all the suggestions listed in this thread but nothing seems to work. I just cannot get it to bind. Any tips welcome. Cheers.
Devilyano

Postby zisti » 24 Sep 2014, 00:10

Hi,

i have a 9xr with Flysky tm002 module. I cant bind it with my V949 quad. I do not know that my 9XR works. I don't have another RX. How can you test it, it does give a signal? Maybe a waste?

Please help me!
Thank you!
zisti

Return to Community Help & Support