UsbAvr Interface ?

Ask for support here, and get answer by the community !

UsbAvr Interface ?

Postby Rc Crazy » 22 Dec 2012, 10:04

The 9XR has a "UsbAvr Interface".

1. What is are the benefits of this UsbAvr Interface?
2. Does that mean it has a standard Mini or Micro Usb female interface?
3. Will I be able to connect it directly to a P.C. computer?
4. Can I Back Up the 16 model memory of the Tx, on my P.C computer?
5. Will it be possible to practice on one of the free or low cost flight simulators available, such a Rc Desk Pilot,or ClearView; using only a standard Usb cable?

I'm completely new to the hobby, and I dont have anything!. No Tx, Rx, Servos, Cables, Plane, Heli, Boat or Car !. I'm still learning!.
It would be great if the 9XR could be connected to the P.C. without the purchase of a Futaba or JR cable.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rc Crazy on 24 Dec 2012, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Fly and be Free!.
Rc Crazy

Re: UsbAvr Interface ?

Postby FusionTiger » 22 Dec 2012, 11:15

1. It is for updating the firmware of the Transmitter and it can get quite techincal. This is an option meant for the Advanced.
2. It uses a standard Male USB connection. Also, there might not be a built-in USBAVR device, I suspect that it is just a port for easy connection to the USBAVR device and it can be purchased saperately at a low cost.
3. "2." Answers this.
4. Yes you can, with the USBAVR device.
5. You will need a saperate USB flight sim device, also available at a low cost.
FusionTiger

Postby Rc Crazy » 22 Dec 2012, 11:45

ref:(5) Can you, or someone else reading this; please recommend a "Usb Flight Sim Device" that can be connected to this UsbAvr Interface.

A. What is the Device called?
B. From which Website can this Device be purchased?.
c. What is the approximate price range?

Thanks You.
Fly and be Free!.
Rc Crazy

Postby LarryC » 22 Dec 2012, 12:51

Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure the TX even comes with a USBAvr programmer. From what I've gleamed in the threads here and elsewhere is that it has some pin outs or a connector that allows you to connect a USBAvr programmer directly to the main board without hunting for various connections on the main board. This site and others are full of misleading posts since too many people are speculating about this TX. I suggest you do some more reading on the various threads here and elsewhere before believing anything, this includes my post as well. :-)

As much as I think I want one of these TX's, I'm going to wait until HK posts the details themselves before I make any final decisions.
LarryC

Postby RonSII » 22 Dec 2012, 13:38

LarryC wrote:Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure the TX even comes with a USBAvr programmer. From what I've gleamed in the threads here and elsewhere is that it has some pin outs or a connector that allows you to connect a USBAvr programmer directly to the main board without hunting for various connections on the main board. This site and others are full of misleading posts since too many people are speculating about this TX. I suggest you do some more reading on the various threads here and elsewhere before believing anything, this includes my post as well. :-)

As much as I think I want one of these TX's, I'm going to wait until HK posts the details themselves before I make any final decisions.

I doubt it comes with a usbavr built in, from what I can tell they have just made it easier to connect a usbavr programmer to the mainboard unlike the original 9x where we had to solder taps onto the mainboard in fairly tight places :0)

It's hard to get or give any facts right at this moment however....SO take my above statement at face value about .02 cents as things may change by the time the 9xr actually gets released into the wild....well if it does anyway ;-)
RonSII

Postby Chocksaway » 22 Dec 2012, 13:58

You don't need any fancy plugs or sockets to run FMS (free on the Net) you just need the equivalent of an audio plug , 3.5 mm stereo with a usb plug on the other end. You can buy very cheap $20 to $30.00 dummy transmitters which look like the real thing but have no transmitter in them. They simply plug straight into the computer via the USB plug connected to the controller and away you go. The 9X required a modification to be used for sims but as yet nobody knows if it's built into the 9XR. Somebody may help there. I seem to remember reading it was a feature but truth and fantasy has become so blurred over this radio I'd rather not confirm it. For sims try the dummy, I purchased one 4 years ago and it's still working. They are on Ebay.
Chocksaway

Postby helixerox » 23 Dec 2012, 06:15

Hey Chocksaway, Aeroplanigerae moderatricis 9XR is a disease?
helixerox

Postby Chocksaway » 23 Dec 2012, 07:14

I know, and we're all suffering from it, shocking isn't it.? The only known cure is rigor mortis with thumbs stuck together with CA.
Chocksaway

Postby jhsa » 23 Dec 2012, 08:19

Be carefull or they will lock this thread too :mrgreen:
jhsa

Postby Chocksaway » 23 Dec 2012, 08:28

Can I ask what I said to possibly have this thread locked. God if I have to be that careful of what I say I may as well get a script writer.
Chocksaway

Postby jhsa » 23 Dec 2012, 09:35

Well they did close the other thread where we were having a little joke..
we didn't offend anyone, just went a little off topic, but who doesn't anyway??
jhsa

Postby mpjf01 » 23 Dec 2012, 10:08

Most of the comment in the other thread is having a go at HK for the appalling way in which they have dealt with the release of this radio. Perhaps the admin guy felt a bit sensitive on his return from holiday.
mpjf01

Postby Chocksaway » 23 Dec 2012, 10:47

I fully understand lack of sense of humour. It's just so strange that it's so lacking on HK forums. I must admit it's unusual for only people in power suffer from it whilst the ordinary member understands it. I do think some people should realize that something they consider taboo can be seen as hilarious to a billion other people. I did study the concept of humor and realize some people just don't accept any form of it. I'm sure you've met them. You are at the pub and with a group of people and you tell a joke. There always seems to be one who sits there with a blank look on their face. Rather than appear dumb they ask what the joke means. At this stage I suggest you feel an urgent need to go for a walk, away. There is nothing in the world of humor to have to explain a joke to anyone..

The one yesterday I now understand how certain people could misunderstand. The run down was to set the scene. To appear genuine and ready to give up, work it to a certain point then completely change and relieve the pressure, hence the "Nope, I can't do it" It's at that stage most would understand what was going on but conclusions got jumped and the rest is history.

I must admit that your comment about the disease stumped me. You made a statement and a question at the same time. I don't understand what you were trying to say. That my signature was a disease or asking if it was. Obviously it isn't so that leaves you saying it is. Loosely translated it means "Aircraft controlled by a 9XR" As there is no word in Latin for Aircraft some scribe has decided that if there was one around back then it would probably be called that and the name stuck.

I honestly think humour should be taught at school and the younger the better. I believe the world would be a better place for it and grouches would simply vanish.
Chocksaway

Postby jhsa » 23 Dec 2012, 11:06

I wouldn't say it better.. ;)
jhsa

Postby mpjf01 » 23 Dec 2012, 11:40

Not all humour is universal. Developing humour around your own weaknesses, differences, peculiarities or even disability can be humourous. Doing so in respect to another person/group/nationality/culture, etc might seem very funny to you and your friends and yet be deeply externally offensive.

In this case there has been lots of anti-HK comment and it would not surprise me to see employees taking this as a personal attack and becoming offended. Their response does not necessarily indicate a lack of sense of humour, they are looking at it from a quite different perspective.
mpjf01

Postby jhsa » 23 Dec 2012, 12:09

No anti HK comments here.. why? because people are starting to get tired of waiting?
Actually the person that made some joke, and I gotta admit, very good one indeed (I couldn't stop laughing), was even praising HK..
I think locking that thread was a bit childish..
Oh, wait, I see, maybe it has nothing to do with the joking.. maybe it was because some product from the competition was mentioned?
Well, I just also mentioned on another thread here that I had a radio from Multiplex that was absolutely rubbish and it was the only radio that actually crashed one of my models till today. Well it's competition too ;) but I guess no one will close that one, right?
jhsa

Postby mpjf01 » 23 Dec 2012, 12:41

Well, I just read the locked thread again and see plenty of comment that I would term anti-HK and that I think I would react adversely to if I was a loyal employee of that business. The fact that you don't see it as anti-HK and even believe that it is funny simply supports the point I made, people see things differently.
mpjf01

Postby Chocksaway » 23 Dec 2012, 13:01

I assure you there NO attacks implied, no innuendo, nothing said against the workers at HobbyKing. I have the utmost respect for them for hving to put up with me whilst the scam saga was underway. I found 15 groups of scammers and the staff at HK were polite and very understanding. I must admit I was somewhat upset that it took so long to sort it out but at no time did I ever relay this feeling to anyone except my wife. Spending 6 months tracking so many people, making absolutely certain that what I said was correct took it's toll on me but to blame them for the lack of the 9XR is ridiculous in the extreme. I've said it before and I'll repeat I support HK 100% occasionally that may dip slightly but then so does my blood pressure.

Somebody for some reason is holding back the release. If whoever it is would be man enough to inform us as to what the problem is I for one would immediately relax and forget all about it. If the release is set back until March then just tell us. One thing I don't want and can't tolerate is holding this stupid 20th to the 25th thing as being the release date. Making people spend their Christmas day waiting for a chance at a radio would be the height of insult. To allow this to happen would tend to make me rethink my spending habits over the following year. Nobody has the right to interfere with any person's enjoyment of Christmas day.

Today is Sunday and HK doesn't work Sundays so tomorrow will be the final day the radio could be released. Personally I'm not looking forward to lasting today out and the thought of doing the same thing tomorrow isn't exactly top of my list of things to do. We have final Christmas shopping and families to think about. For anyone to have the audacity to play games on Christmas day would offend many people. Talk on other forums has already confirmed this.

No end of begging will change the release date but any decent minded person would or should realize that we really are fed up. On behalf of everyone who supports HobbyKing I beg of whoever is in the know to please step up and let us know where we stand. This may have been started as a joke but it's turned in on itself and at the moment it's doing HobbyKing more damage that you realize.

Is the radio going to be released within 36 hours or isn't it? A simple question to answer and the only decent thing to tell us. If you've found a hidden fault and are holding off release then tell us and we will relax and enjoy ourselves. To use an Aussie term "Fair Go Mate" that's all we want, a fair go. Should this post be deleted we will know exactly what's going on. I pray it's not.
Chocksaway

Postby jhsa » 23 Dec 2012, 20:39

Hmmm, some food for thought here..
It's known now that some other company is not releasing their radio before 3 or 4 months.. Further testing is being made. I wonder if this would have something to do with it. I mean if they really delay the realease of the radio again.
jhsa

Postby Chocksaway » 24 Dec 2012, 00:12

Hi jhsa, I really don't bother to look at other manufacturers any more. Ever since the cheaper version one was released i've sort of left my transmitter needs in the hands of HK. Although I do admit I checked on the only radio I've purchased before ever knowing HK existed and that was the Spectrum 5 channel. I've used that to control one of my boats once. But yesterday I looked to see what they were selling for, $130.00 with freight, used of course. I recall getting what I was told an absolute bargain of a $100.00 off for $149.00.Since that day I've never seen a new one for anything other than $149.00. But back to the problem at hand.

Not a word has been said by anyone in authority and personally I don't think any reason is good enough to keep it from us. If it wasn't for us HK wouldn't exist and I think we are owed an explanation. The game which has been played on Facebook is inexcusable. Having a photo of the radio with a written promise the actual release date would be told "later this afternoon" It's been there for well over a week and no statement has been made and the thing is still there. Anybody seeing it for the first time on any day would expect it to be announced that afternoon.

I am and always have been a lover of good fun, April Fools day jokes which hurt no one or practical jokes. This is no joke. OK it was funny with some of the earlier rumors but this has been dragged out to where it's not funny, it's rather insulting. Having my morning tea cream doughnut injected with Nurocaine was bloody hilarious, there I was trying to run a large dental clinic and couldn't talk without sounding like a drunk with a severe speech impediment. Suddenly nobody was available to answer the phones and I was left to myself. Who rings for an appointment the secretary of the Admiral of the Fleet asking for me to treat the big man himself. I tried to explain I had just undergone dental surgery myself whilst drooling all over the desk because someone had knocked my tissue box off. I finally managed to arrange the appointment, hang up and there behind me was the entire staff literally falling all over the place in hysterics. They failed to tell me the phonecall was a put up job. That went down in Naval history as the best practical joke ever.

That was a joke and never matched but this 9XR is past it's due date. It's a kick in the teeth of every loyal customer interested in a transmitter. The hype and promises has heightened this interest to it's peak and it has nowhere to go. The foul taste has been planted and it's doing it's damage and I don't think it's going away real soon. As a matter of interest perhaps you could PM me with some info regarding this other radio you mentioned please.

I've had enough of this anyway. As usual I seem to be the only one saying anything. It looks like the usual, "let someone else stir the pot and we'll just stand back and see what happens. Too many people worried about getting a bad name but no problems, Muggins will say it all for us and we stay clean. I've been through this before and as usual no one steps forward "protecting one's own interests" I believe it's called.
Chocksaway

Postby jhsa » 24 Dec 2012, 02:29

well, let's hope they release it soon or at least say something..
They could lose a lot of clients.. there's someone on the 9XR thread in RCG that already got tired of waiting and went buying a Hitec aurora 9.. he was waiting for the 9XR but needed a radio.. It's a shame as it is his loss because he could upgrade the turnigy radio with one of custom firmwares that are far better than the aurora and it is a loss for HK because they lost a client that would have bought a radio.. and this is just one case.
Just a few lines so people would know what to expect would be nice..
jhsa

Postby Kilrah » 24 Dec 2012, 02:47

Chocksaway wrote:Having a photo of the radio with a written promise the actual release date would be told "later this afternoon" It's been there for well over a week and no statement has been made and the thing is still there.

Huh?
They posted it about 2h30 later, and it's still there.
HobbyKing Release Date: Between Dec 20 and 25!

It's just lost in the middle of the 200+ comments.
Kilrah

Postby mpjf01 » 24 Dec 2012, 06:21

Chocksaway wrote:I've had enough of this anyway. As usual I seem to be the only one saying anything. It looks like the usual, "let someone else stir the pot and we'll just stand back and see what happens. Too many people worried about getting a bad name but no problems, Muggins will say it all for us and we stay clean. I've been through this before and as usual no one steps forward "protecting one's own interests" I believe it's called.

While I agree with your basic sentiments you are not the only one complaining, the 9XR thread on the HK forum is full of similar comments and has been for months.

The simple solution that I raised there twice, and so have others, (only to be shot at by the HK apologists that believe they own that forum) would have been for HK to allow pre-purchase - ie treat the radio as it does currently for backorders. The new radio will likely go to real backorder quickly anyway and I can't see any logical reason why HK couldn't have taken all this stress away and let us buy the thing months ago. It should be my choice if I want to give HK a loan of $50 (+postage) for a few months while we wait. Hell of a lot better than the current fiasco, for me anyway.

The only valid argument that I have been able to identify against pre-ordering would be that it would disadvantage resellers who would proobably not wish to invest large $ in the hope that a product would eventually be available - yet would have to if the facility was offered in order to compete with single item purchasers. HK's most valued customers would have to be the resellers and I guess it is important to keep them happy.
mpjf01

Postby Rc Crazy » 24 Dec 2012, 07:24

LarryC wrote:Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure the TX even comes with a USBAvr programmer. From what I've gleamed in the threads here and elsewhere is that it has some pin outs or a connector that allows you to connect a USBAvr programmer directly to the main board without hunting for various connections on the main board. This site and others are full of misleading posts since too many people are speculating about this TX. I suggest you do some more reading on the various threads here and elsewhere before believing anything, this includes my post as well. :-)

The 9XR most likely does Not come with a UsbAvr Programmer. If it did they would have said so. Instead they have stated that it has an "UsbAvr Interface".
Personally I'm okay with that, because I'm so new to the hobby and don't want a complicated Tx radio anyway. In addition, I'd have to learn how to do this Programming. Maybe in the future, when I've advanced I'll give it a try even if I have to buy a "Programmer". What ever that is ! Lol. :D
Fly and be Free!.
Rc Crazy

Postby mpjf01 » 24 Dec 2012, 07:36

There's a picture of a programmer (the one sold by HK) on the main 9XR site connected, it looks like, to a PC. It's not inside the Tx. Under "Approved Software".
mpjf01

Next

Return to Community Help & Support