Will I lose my Yahoo account email when I leave AT&T?

Come here to speak about the new 9XR Transmitter !!

Will I lose my Yahoo account email when I leave AT&T?

Postby shirleyscott » 19 Jul 2018, 13:03

Hello,
Will I lose my Yahoo account email when I leave AT&T just because all my Yahoo account email has my old AT&T name ?

Thank You.
shirleyscott

Re: Will I lose my Yahoo account email when I leave AT&T?

Postby nataliasimmonsus » 19 Jul 2018, 14:03

Hi,
I think It is my understanding that you lose the address unless you pay a monthly fee. ATT has a contract with Yahoo where they pay for the accounts. If anyone else is using an account that is just run by Yahoo but is with another company I see no reason to not just create a Yahoo account and use it.
These are the expert team you must ask from them just call :
SBCglobal Net Email Settings | SBCglobal Email Settings | www SBCglobal net
nataliasimmonsus

Postby sarasmithca » 19 Jul 2018, 14:18

Hello

Absolutely NOT. Any existing email account that you have exists autonomously [independently] of every other account. Changes to one account don’t affect others, except when you have multiple accounts with the SAME provider (as many folks do) and their legal Terms of Service are modified.

You seem very confused. Trust me: unless you fudged your account settings, any paid account you had @pacbell.net has nothing to do with yahoo.com’s Yahoo! Mail which is free. (Unless I am mistaken, because it wouldn't surprise me to learn that AT&T encouraged its customers to do all/most of their email through a 3rd-party provider to reduce costs.)

Email providers differ on the timing and reasons why they could automatically close an account, but most of them recognize how painful it could be for a user to lose an account, especially one with months/years of correspondence saved in it, and for that reason they probably won’t offend you by closing an account without quite ample warning or months/years of time passed with your apparent abandonment of it from non-use.

I went for 2–3 years early in the 2000s without touching my Yahoo! Mail account, and then was fortunate to be able to recover it before it was lost forever. Your mileage may vary. But my logic here remains valid…

You would have to go into the Account Settings on Yahoo! Mail and manually select Close Account to lose it. I could have the terminology a bit off.

I have no less than four email providers. It is true that each of them has its merits and shortcomings, however none is 100% good or bad, obviously. And since they’re free, having a backup account for use when one provider is unavailable is a “no-brainer”.

Thanks

SBCglobal Net Mail | Att Net Email Login | SBCglobal Net Email Settings
sarasmithca

Postby shirleyscott » 20 Jul 2018, 17:38

Hello,
Thank You For your Reply. on my question.
I will take a look on your suggestions. then i will be back to you.

Thank You.

SBC global | SBCglobal Net Email | SBCglobal Email
shirleyscott

Return to General 9XR Discussion